I have been looking at marble slabs for our kitchen for almost a year now, and I’m honestly about to drive myself mad. After reading countless other blogs and chat rooms, apparently I am not the only one who has ever been in a fevered frenzy to find the elusive “perfect” marble slabs.
After months and months of endless searching, last week I finally found what I thought were the world’s most gorgeous slabs, purchased them, and then proceeded to have a complete meltdown slight case buyer’s remorse yesterday.
- Bianco Carrara – white and gray marble – very gray now
- Statuary – a ‘sister’ marble to Carrara that has a brighter white background, with veining in gray
- Calacatta – gray and subtle gold veining, with white background
- Calacatta Oro (or Calacatta Gold) – large flakes, subtle goldish brown veins
- Calacatta Gold Extra – whites, grays, light gold ribbon veining