Did you hear? Jackie Kennedy's childhood summer home - Lasata - is for sale! Currently owned by fashion designer Reed Krakoff, the the 11-acre East Hampton estate has been updated to perfection...
Image via Corcoran Group Real Estate.
Lasata, East Hampton
And speaking of high-profile real estate listings, Susie Hilfiger's Nantucket estate is also for sale... Which one would you choose... East Hampton or Nantucket?
The Hilfiger estate for sale.
Do you follow The Peak of Chic? I love Jennifer's blog, and I especially loved her recent post referencing The Beautiful People: A Candid Examination of a Cultural Phenomenon - The Marriage of Fashion and Society in the 60's. Written by Marylin Bender in 1967, the book states, "American fashion is flower-printed sheets and towels by Porthault, fine French 18th-century furniture, English silver, baby pillows, silver-framed photographs and a clutter of small objects all over the place." Just a few of my favorite things! My interest was piqued, so I purchased the book via Amazon, and I have not been able to put it down.
If you are interested in learning more about the history of D. Porthault linens click here.
Joan Kennedy's bedroom, via The Peak of Chic.
The other book I have been reading is the aptly named Beautiful, by Mark D. Sikes. What are your thoughts? It truly is beautiful!
I am delighted to announce my latest sponsor, Huff Harrington, a fine art and a home furnishings store with a French twist. The fabulous owners, Meg Huff and Ann Harrington, also offer design services and personally hosted trips to Paris and Provence for buying, shopping, and sightseeing. Sign me up! And I have fallen in love with this gorgeous oil painting by artist Nancy Franke from the Huff Harrington art gallery...
Last month, I announced that I am now accepting sponsors, please contact me for additional information. Current sponsors include...
- Sequins & Lipstick offers fun, sassy, shiny, personalized items that make you smile when you use them. So wear your favorite lipstick (or sequins), use your personalized napkins, burn the fancy candle, send a handwritten note on your pretty stationery! This is my new one-stop destination for party supplies and gifts.
- Best Prices for Furniture has assembled a network of furniture dealers who discount mid-to-high-end home furniture. The dealers have been in business for many years and all offer white-glove, in-home delivery. More than 100 brands are represented including Brown Jordan, Hickory Chair, Lane Furniture, Maitland Smith, and Visual Comfort.
- Sukhi Rugs: Sukhi provides high quality handmade rugs that are only made when you order, so they’re customizable. Sukhi works directly with the artisans, ensuring they receive excellent working conditions. This allows lower prices for the consumer. In Nepali, Sukhi means happy!
- Annechovie: I have followed artist Anne Harwell McElhaney, founder of Annechovie, for years, and I was thrilled to welcome her as a sponsor. Anne also lives in Florida, which inspires her beautiful work. Read more about her fabulous new Palm Beach inspired series here.
- JingleNog: Christmas is just around the corner and it is not too early to start shopping now. Each of JingleNog's unique and exquisitely detailed Christmas ornaments and tree toppers are carefully handcrafted by artisans in Italy and Poland using the old world methods of mouth blowing and hand painting glass.
Town & Country has published a brief history of the uber-trendy palm print. Little did I know when I wrote about Brazilliance vs. Martinique in 2012 how insanely popular these prints would become!
Brazilliance wallpaper at the Greenbrier Hotel, decorated by Dorothy Draper, via Town & Country.
And finally, "cheeky needlepoint" is all the rage, and this darling needlepoint pillow from Furbish is currently on sale. Needlepoint is one of my favorite hobbies, but if you don't have the time or interest, this is the next best thing...
Needlepoint pillow from Furbish.