Welcome to One Room Challenge™ Week One. If you are new to my blog, welcome! I am delighted you are here. As you know, Linda from Calling it Home created this semiannual challenge, where 20 interior decorators and design bloggers are asked to transform a room within six weeks. The ORC has become one of the hottest design events in the blogosphere, and I am thrilled to join such a talented group!
- Repaint Lilly’s desk to its former glory.
- Use Lilly Pulitzer sheets to create a giant DIY bulletin board and chair pillow.
- Find and purchase the perfect office chair.
- Purchase whimsical prints from The Pink Pagoda and frame.
- Move my vintage elephant console (an estate find!) from the garage to my office.
- Create storage for my vast collection of magazines using baskets beneath the console.
- Purchase and plant a palm in a Chinoiserie planter.
- Overhaul my disastrously messy bookcase, and give it some style!
- Organize, organize, organize! Even though we moved in last fall, this room has been a dumping ground until now, and I still have boxes to unpack!
- Custom coral silk Dupioni drapes, salvaged and reused from our last home.
- Vintage mirrored Ello cabinet, repurposed as a bookcase, from Again & Again.
- Navy blue and white Stark rug in “Beatrice“… an eBay score.
- Tropical leaf ceiling fan… not the most glamorous lighting solution, but a necessity here in sweltering South Florida.
- Collection of Chinese blue and white porcelain.
My Notting Hill
The Pink Pagoda
My Sweet Savannah