Yesterday on Instagram Emily Evans Eerdmans, author of Mario Buatta: Fifty Years of American Interior Decoration, broke the news that the Manhattan apartment of the late “Prince of Chintz” is about to hit the market. Built in 1929, the apartment is in a six-story, double-wide townhouse known as the George and Martha Whitney House. It is the former home of banker George Whitney, former head of JP Morgan. Buatta’s apartment features an octagonal entrance hall and a dining room, a private library, a living room with floor-to-ceiling windows and high ceilings. “While the rooms have essentially remained the same over the years, they have continued to evolve and ‘grow like a garden’ as Mario has added to his collections,” Emily wrote. The listing brokers are Dolly and Jenny Lenz of Dolly Lenz Real Estate.
Images of Buatta’s apartment are below, and additional information can be found via the New York Post. For ongoing information and updates about Mario Buatta’s estate and his legacy, please follow @mariobuatta on Instagram… This is the official Instagram account of the Prince of Chintz #mariobuatta curated by @emily_evans_eerdmans who was not only his author, but a dear friend.
You can read my interview with Mario Buatta from 2018 here, and for more articles from The Glam Pad, please see links below…
- MARIO BUATTA’S FINAL PROJECT
- AN ELEGANT MARIO BUATTA–DESIGNED HOME IN MANILA
- FAREWELL MARIO BUATTA, THE BELOVED PRINCE OF CHINTZ
- THE MAGIC OF MARIO: THE LIFE AND LEGEND OF MARIO BUATTA
- MARIO BUATTA’S TIMELESS ALLURE
- A COUNTRY ESCAPE BY MARIO BUATTA
- A PREVIOUSLY UNPUBLISHED MARIO BUATTA APARTMENT!
- MARIO BUATTA AND PATRICIA ALTSCHUL EXUDE SOUTHERN CHARM IN CHARLESTON
- PATRICIA ALTSCHUL’S HOME IN CHARLESTON HOME + DESIGN
- SOUTHERN CHARM WITH PATRICIA ALTSCHUL
- PATRICIA ALTSCHUL’S MANHATTAN MAISONETTE: DESIGNED BY MARIO BUATTA
- MARIO BUATTA DECORATES A GLAMOROUS MANHATTAN HIGH-RISE
- PALM BEACH ENTERTAINING, MARIO BUATTA, AND A PAGODA POOL HOUSE
- MARIO BUATTA DESIGNS A 1930S JOHN STAUB HOUSE IN HOUSTON