Welcome to my Monthly Musings. I thought it would be fun to start a monthly post recapping highlights, random thoughts, and news of interest. I also love hearing from you, so please comment below with feedback and suggestions!
First, Jessica from Lycette Designs and I would like to announce the winner from the Cheeky Needlepoint contest we launched earlier this month… There were so many good ones from which to choose! It was a tough decision, but everyone loved Meg Hosler’s “I may not be a good example, but I’m an excellent warning!” Here were our top five #cheekyneedlepoint favorites:
- Meg Holser, “I may not be a good example, but I am an excellent warning!”
- PreppyPuppy, “The bigger the hair, the closer to God.”
- Marie, “Too Fabulous for Your Negativity!”
- Bibbylady, “Blondes prefer gentlemen.”
- JeanScottKnight, “Don’t Mistake Endurance for Hospitality.”
Congratulations, Meg! Jessica will reach out to work with you in creating this fun new canvas!
- JingleNog: Christmas is just around the corner and it is not too early to start shopping now. Each of JingleNog’s unique and exquisitely detailed Christmas ornaments and tree toppers are carefully handcrafted by artisans in Italy and Poland using the old world methods of mouth blowing and hand painting glass. They are BEAUTIFUL!!
- Annechovie: I have followed artist Anne Harwell McElhaney, founder of Annechovie, for years, and I was thrilled to welcome her as a sponsor. Anne also lives in Florida, which inspires her beautiful work. Read more about her fabulous new Palm Beach inspired series here.
- Sukhi Rugs: Sukhi provides high quality handmade rugs that are only made when you order, so they’re customizable. Sukhi works directly with the artisans, ensuring they receive excellent working conditions. This allows lower prices for the consumer. In Nepali, Sukhi means happy!
- Best Prices for Furniture has assembled a network of furniture dealers who discount mid-to-high-end home furniture. The dealers have been in business for many years and all offer white-glove, in-home delivery. More than 100 brands are represented including Brown Jordan, Hickory Chair, Lane Furniture, Maitland Smith, and Visual Comfort.
- Sequins & Lipstick offers fun, sassy, shiny, personalized items that make you smile when you use them. So wear your favorite lipstick (or sequins), use your personalized napkins, burn the fancy candle, send a handwritten note on your pretty stationery! This is my new one-stop destination for party supplies and gifts.