Six years after decorating a mansion located in the River Oaks neighborhood of Houston, Texas, Miles Redd and partner David Kaihoi were commissioned to return and tackle the attic. Using their signature “more is more” philosophy, the designers created a guesthouse within a house… the perfect addition for a couple who love to entertain.
“It’s a riff on the madness of the 18th century and having all these different types of rooms,” Miles said. “The two bedrooms are nods to the English country house obsession with chinoiserie—like, if you have ever visited Chatsworth [in England], it is chinoiserie bedroom after chinoiserie bedroom.”
For more posts from The Glam Pad featuring the work of Miles Redd, please see links below. I also recommend his acclaimed book, The Big Book of Chic.
- TIMELESSLY TRADITIONAL BY MILES REDD AND GIL SCHAFER
- A GLAMOROUS TEXAS FARMHOUSE BY MILES REDD
- A CLASSIC COLONIAL REVIVAL BY MILES REDD
- MILES REDD REFRESHES HIS FAMILY HOME
- A SUPER CHIC RETIREMENT HOME BY MILES REDD
- A MILES REDD HOME HITS THE MLS!
- MILES REDD TRANSFORMS A BAHAMAS BEACH HOUSE