Located on Park Avenue in New York City, Scully & Scully opened its doors in 1934, aspiring to provide the world’s finest home furnishings and gifts in a gracious and beautiful atmosphere. Over 85 years later, they have achieved that goal and expanded their reach with online sales and a mail-order catalogue that reaches millions of shoppers worldwide. In addition to a wide variety of handcrafted English and American furniture, Scully & Scully also offers a Bridal Registry, a Tabletop Consulting Service, and a Jewelry Department. With over eight decades of distinguished service, Scully & Scully knows how to create timeless style, and I am delighted today to share their 10 tips for timeless design!
1. Build a color palette mixing modern and traditional basics
2. Focus on the décor – mirrors, lamps, vases, chandeliers – for unique pieces
3. Keep it sophisticated without compromising your comfort
4. Invest in quality pieces for the long-term
5. Add in classic patterns
6. Utilize traditional architectural details – crown molding, built-in cabinetry, wainscoting, etc.
7. Balance traditional pieces with modern upholstery
8. Mix-and-match for your tabletop
9. Incorporate trends wisely
10. If you want to go “out-of-the-box” make it a central point
Scully & Scully is the perfect place for furniture, accessories and tabletop for your classic and timeless home. They are also the perfect resource for gifts! And with the holidays rapidly approaching, you can bookmark Scully & Scully’s Gift Ideas to help you find the perfect gift for everyone on your list. To learn more, please visit sculllyandscully.com and follow @scullyandscully on Instagram for ongoing inspiration and updates.