- Paperwhites can be planted early in October so they are ready for Thanksgiving or November for December.
- They can be planted shallow with most of the bulb showing. Make sure you purchase bulbs ready for forcing.
- I water mine with a shot of vodka mixed with water. This makes them stand up straight.
Or curly willow with cording or ribbon looks pretty to keep them upright.
- For the lazy man (me) I buy them or take them from my shop already planted and ready to go!! I sometimes replant them in a beautiful silver bowl or a pretty blue and white vessel.
- Bulbs blooming? Plan those at least 2-3 weeks prior to the holidays.
- Keeping them in a warm spot will accelerate the blooming, once they bloom if you need them to slow down, keep them in the garage at night.
- Use pretty ribbons or raffia to tie the stems of paperwhites or amaryllis that get too top-heavy and start to flop.
Additional tips and recommended suggestions can be found via Southern Living. To receive bulbs to plant by Thanksgiving, click to purchase here. This darling growing kit provides a simple solution and a great gift ideas… Free one-day shipping is included!
And please click here to access one-stop holiday shopping with The Glam Pad’s Fifth Annual “Christmas With The Tastemakers” Shopping Guide.