Based in London, English designer Rita Konig recently renovated her family’s farmhouse in County Durham in northeast England. North Farm is surrounded by rolling pastures and has been in her husband Philip Eade’s family for generations. Konig added her quintessential touch to the dreamy English country getaway with a mixture of elegance, touches of whimsy, classic English references, and plenty of color. “I wanted it to be a bit mismatched, with the feeling that something came together naturally. At a certain point, I did wonder, Have I gone too far?” Konig explained to ELLE Decor. “At the end of the day, we wanted a place where friends and family really like to be.”
This story originally appeared in the June 2019 issue of ELLE Decor with photography by Dylan Thomas and copy by Sadie Stein.
To read more, please visit ELLE Decor. You may also enjoy Rita Konig’s books, Domestic Bliss and Culinary Trickery. I also recommend the latest book by Rita’s mother, Nina Campbell Interior Decoration: Elegance and Ease. I particularly love Nina’s older books as well, which you can find on Amazon. For more English country homes featured by The Glam Pad, please click the links below.
- AN ELEGANT HOME AND GARDEN IN ENGLAND
- A CLASSIC GEORGIAN HOME IN THE ENGLISH COUNTRYSIDE
- AN OLD FASHIONED ENGLISH COUNTRY HOUSE
- BEN PENTREATH’S ENGLISH COUNTRY HOME
- LOUISE TOWNSEND’S IDYLLIC ENGLISH COUNTRY HOME
- ALICE NAYLOR-LEYLAND’S ENGLISH COUNTRY WONDERLAND
- MARK GILLETTE REFRESHES A 300-YEAR-OLD ENGLISH MANOR
- FARM FROM HOME WITH AMANDA BROOKS
- LAST NIGHT I DREAMT I WENT TO MANDERLEY AGAIN
- BOWOOD HOUSE
- INSIDE ENGLAND’S SEEND MANOR WITH AMANDA CLARK
- JOHN FOWLER’S NANTCLWYD HALL REVISITED
- BRITISH ELEGANCE WITH SERENA FRESSON AND ALICE NAYLOR-LEYLAND