Baby boy is due July 3, and I have planned a nursery that should also grow with him into his big boy room. We already have a queen sized bed in the room, which I plan to keep as I figure it will be most welcome during those initial sleepless months after he arrives, and it will transition nicely as he outgrows his crib. My inspiration for the room is blue and white Palm Beach Regency with touches of gold and brass. It will feature Clarence House's Congo fabric, and I will tie in the safari theme with whimsical animal accessories and art. Here is my inspiration board...
A few items I already have for the room:
- Vintage elephant side table purchased for a song on Dixie Highway in West Palm Beach. It is damaged, so I am taking it in for repair tomorrow.
- Gold silk dupioni drapes. We "inherited" these custom drapes and honestly, I have never liked them. But since I am splurging on the Congo fabric, my budget will not allow for new drapes. So I will make them work.
- Vintage brass sputnik chandelier. This was in my home office in Dallas and I think it will help tie in the gold accents in the nursery.
- Vintage Dino Martens gold and white Murano lamps. A little over the top for a baby, but I got a great deal on them years ago, and I really don't have any other use for them.
Here is my to-do list for the nursery:
- Purchase fabric and have pillows, headboard, and bedskirts for the queen bed and crib custom made.
- Purchase this glider from the Land of Nod.
- Find a gold Moroccan pouf to serve as an ottoman. Perhaps this one from One Kings Lane?
- Decide on a rug... I am torn between leopard print or ivory. Thoughts?
- I found the perfect vintage faux bamboo dresser and nightstands at a thrift store in Palm Beach county. We are going to pick them up this weekend!
- I have selected bedding from Jill Sorensen and monogrammed shams from Zush, which need to be ordered.
- Order accessories, including an elephant hamper, baby animal prints, vintage brass animals, etc.
- Assemble crib. I purchased this one.
- Paint the room. It is already painted white, and I have selected Sherwin Williams Open Air for the blue stripe.
I will show pictures of the room next week, so in the meantime here are a few of my inspiration pics...