The countdown to Christmas may be on, but that doesn’t mean we’re not still futzing with our decorations! In fact, it’s one of our favorite things to do this time of year – an extra sprig of holly here, a bow on a wreath there: bow on the top, or bow on the bottom? That’s the great holiday debate of 2020 (at least over at the King household)! If you are in search of a little enthusiasm to put the final trimmings on that tree (if you’re just getting started, that’s ok, too!), Atlanta-based interior designer Clary Bosbyshell Welch has just the inspirational oomph that we all need to fuel our festive frenzy!
Clary is a familiar face and friend here at The Glam Pad, and her light, bright, timeless interiors make the perfect backdrop for a dusting of Christmas magic. We love her yuletide style, and we are so pleased to welcome Clary back to share her seven tips for holiday decorating!
1. Fresh greenery. Fresh Garland can be a little messy but even when using fake, add fresh berries or boxwood to give it a little more OOMPH.
2. Classic Christmas Colors. Red and Green is always Classic, I do love to add a little blue as I love the way it looks with Red.
3. Meaningful Ornaments. I love a tree that isn’t too “ styled” and has meaningful ornaments that have been collected over the years. I have ornaments that my parents gave me when I was young, ornaments from friends from our annual ornament exchange and ornaments for special places we have traveled. When decorating the tree I love remembering where each ornament came from. It makes it so special!
4. MORE IS MORE. Layer the tree! Lights, ornaments, something that SPARKLES whether that be tinsel or a sparkly garland that goes around the Tree. This year I added blue bows to make tree to give it another special layer.
5. Add touches all over the house, whether it is tying a little red ribbon around a myrtle tree or fresh satsumas in a bowl on your counter top. Little touches everywhere evoke the Christmas spirit and we need that this year more than EVER!
6. Set a beautiful table! I love using family heirlooms and thinking of new and creative ways to set a beautiful tablescape. Most of us will be at home this year on Christmas and it is fun setting a beautiful table.
7. Give back. Most importantly this year more than ever we need to give to those in need, whether that is decorating a tree for someone that in need, adopting a family to give presents, or delivering Christmas dinner!
Thank you, Clary for joining us today! Such wonderful tips!! To learn more about Clary Bosbyshell, please visit her website and follow her @clarybosbyshell on Instagram. To see more of Clary’s work, as featured by The Glam Pad, please click the links below…
- A GRANDMILLENNIAL HOME BY CLARY BOSBYSHELL FOR EMILY HERTZ
- BLUE AND WHITE CHRISTMAS WITH CLARY BOSBYSHELL
- STYLE PROFILE: CLARY BOSBYSHELL
- EASTER WITH CLARY BOSBYSHELL
And if you are still seeking inspiration for your Christmas gift list and holiday shopping, please visit The Glam Pad’s Christmas Shopping Guide. (You will find Clary’s gift guide there too!)